The Ten Key Secrets (and Reasons) why visit Bologna is a Worthy Experience
Not sure whether to hop across the pond? To get you inspired, we’ve rounded up 10 weird and wonderful reasons to visit Bologna!
- An amazing location between Milan, Florence, Verona and Venice but still not yet contaminated by massive tourism. (And you can reach it with high speed train in 35 minutes from Florence and in 1 hour from the other cities)
- A brand new International Airport with daily connections to more than 100 Intercontinental and International Flights. (and ranked among the top performing one in Europe)
- Bologna old town is recognized by the UNESCO as the largest and the best preserved in the world. (beside a lot of culture, museums and arts, the centre of the city hosts also the Medieval food market – called “Quadrilatero”)
- Home of the oldest University in Europe, almost 1000 years old. (the university complex is located in the medieval heart of the city – worthy a walk around it!)
- 52 km porticoes, covered walkways, 26 medieval towers, waterways and canals. (Bologna weather is on average nice but thanks to porticoes you can easily enjoy the city by walking around regardless if it is a rainy day)
- Amazing food and wine: Bologna is celebrated as the Foodie Capital of Italy. In this region we produce the finest Italian foods: Parmesan cheese, balsamic vinegar, prosciutto, Parma ham, piadina, crescentina and (much) more! (Bologna is renewed worldwide as “the fat” since it is common to have the so-called “food coma”)
- Homemade pasta from Bologna is renowned all over the World: tortellini, tortelloni, lasagne, tagliatelle and … ragout! (but please – do not ask Spaghetti Bolognese in the city… locals get
- Bologna is the centre of the Italian Motor Valley, where the most prestigious car and motorbike manufacturers of Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, Pagani and Ducati are located. (and it is possible to visit them and even organize test drives – see this video)
- Bologna is the City of Music recognized by UNESCO! (and you can attend several renowned international Festivals)
- The city offers an amazing nightlife with its great number of theatres, cinemas, restaurants, taverns, and food & wine events. (with a youth and cultural spirit spread around by its more than 80.000 university students)
Not convinced yet? – contact us!
Article by Olga Arena
Photos by @simona.mameli, @dorpell, @roitman